56-59 BPSC (Main Exam) 2016
- Discuss about the Fundamental Rights as enshrined in the Indian Constitution.How has the judicial interpretations of Article 2 1 expanded the scope of Right to Life ?
- Examine the role of Caste in electoral politics of India. To what extent did caste factor play a role in 2015 Bihar electon.
- Analyse tension areas between Centre and States in the Indian federal system. Describe the current state of relations between Union Govemment and Bihar State.
- What is judicial review ? Critically examine about the doctrineof’basic structure’ as enunciated by the Supreme Court of India.
53-55 BPSC (Main Exam) 2012
- Discus Indian Federal System and Centre-State Administrative Relation with special reference to National Counter-Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
- Discuss the power and functions of the Governor and his role in Bihar.
- Examine the power and working of the Election Commission of India and its role in free and fair election.
- Discuss various ‘Directive principles’. How were these implemented in Bihar after 1950?
48-52 BPSC (Main Exam) 2009
- ‘Caste and Class play important role in Indian politics.’ — Explain the statement with special reference to Bihar.
- Explain the recent trends in Indian federalism. Do the states need more autonomy?
- ‘Coalitional politics in India has become a remarkable feature, but it is yet to provide a stable Government”. — Comment.
- Analyze the functioning ofthe rural local govemments in India since 1991 with special reference to Bihar.
47 BPSC (Main Exam) 2007
- Write an essay on the politician — criminal nexus with special reference of Bihar.
- Elections are like the heart beats ofa democracy. If they happen too fast or too irregularly,democracy collapses. “Explain your views on mid-term polls in context of India Politics.
- Election of President in July 2007 was unique for various reasons. Enumerate some or
- Issue of Reservation is nothing out consolidation of Vote-Banks of political parties.
you suggest methods other than reservation ror providing social justice to depressed class.
46 BPSC (Main Exam) 2005
- What do you understand by election campaign? Throw light on the important methocL0f
election campaign in Bihar.
- Discuss the role oflanguage in Indian Politics. Enumerate the provisions for linguistic minorities in Bihar.
- Describe the basic provisions orthe 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act.
- Discuss the role of bureaucracy in conducting free and fair elections under the guidance of the Election commission of India.
45 BPSC (Main Exam) 2002
- What are the main reasons for the emergence ofcoalition politics in India? Discuss the prospect of these coalitions.
- Evaluate the nature and significance of the Preamble of the Indian Constitution.
- Comment on the following (200 words each):
(a) Judicial Activism – Meaning and Evaluation.
(b) Election Commission of India.
44 BPSC (Main Exam) 2002
- Write a notc on communalism in India. Why the opposition parties label B.J.P. (Bhartiya Janata Party) as a communal party?
- What is amendment procedure in India? What are the main contents of 73rd amendment? How many amendments have been done in Indian Constitution?
- How the Chief Minister of State is appointed? Critically examine the powers, functions
achievements of present Bihar Chief Minister.
- Comment on following: (200 words each)
(a) Regionalism in Indian Politics.
(b) Write a note on POTA.
43 BPSC (Main Exam) 2001
- Analyze the emerging trends in Indian democracy.
- What is the role of caste in class formation in India?
- Make a critical evolution of right to property as it exists today.
- Comment on the following (200 words each):
(a)EIectoral process in Bihar
(b)lndia is a liberal democratic state
42 BPSC (Main Exam) 1999
- Examine the relevance and significance of the philosophy enshrined in the preamble of the constitution of India.
- “The coalition experiment at the Centre has neither strengthened democracy nor has it made conditions conductive for participatory and cooperation federation.” Do you agree?
- Write a brief and critical essay on •caste asa factorin Bihar Politics since 1977″ and highlight the special reasons for the present state of affairs.
- Comment upon the following (200 words each) :
(a) “Judicial Action is a double edged weapon in a parliamentary democracy.”
(b) “Article 356 of the Constitution should be read with article 355 to appreciate its spirit.”
41 BPSC (Main Exam) 1997
- Analyze the emerging trends in Indian Federalism.
- Examine the system of election ofthe•lndian President.
- Discuss the powers of the Governor and explain his role with reference to the recent
developments in Bihar.
- Discuss the role ofcaste in Indian Politics.
40 BPSC (Main Exam) 1995
- Discuss the Directive Principles of State Policy enshrined in the Indian Constitution and State their importance.
- What is the meaning of “Parliamentary Sovereignty”? Do you consider Indian Parliament a ‘Sovereign’ or a non-sovereign’ or both? Give your views.
- Give your views on recent political upheavals in Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat and their impact on Parliamentary Democracy in India.
- Describe the Constitution of Jharkhand Area Autonomous Council. What is your opinion regarding its role in future?
39 BPSC (Main Exam) 1993
- Describe the fundamental duties as enumerated in the Constitution of India.
- Why is the Constitution of India called quasifederal?
- Examine the status and powers of the Governor of an Indian State.
- Describe the objectives and features of the Panchayat Raj in India.
- Discuss the demands of the protagonists ofthe Jharkhand movement in Bihar.