📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 9 February 2021
1) Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan has launched Vedhik Erudite Foundation’s ambitious scheme to provide free coaching for civil services and other competitive examinations to 10,000 meritorious but financially weak students across the State.
Kerala: Periyar River
👉Kerala: Cherai Beach
👉Vallam Kali boat race in Kerala.
👉Kerala: Idukki Dam on Periyar River
👉Kerala :- Pamba River
👉CM :- Pinarayi Vijayan
👉GOVERNOR :- Arif Mohammad Khan
2) By educating over 30,000 illiterates within five months under Padho Doon Badho Doon campaign, the Dehradun has became the first district in Uttarakhand to achieve the 100 percent literacy rate.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor :- Baby Rani Maurya
👉Asan Conservation Reserve
👉Country’s first moss garden
👉Country’s first Pollinator Park
👉Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
3) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed a tighter regulatory framework for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
Reserve Bank of India:-
👉Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
👉Established:- 1 April 1935
👉Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
4) In the Global Climate Risk Index 2021, between 2000-2019 Puerto Rico, Myanmar and Haiti were the countries most affected by the impacts of weather events.
👉As per the index, India has been ranked 7th Global Climate Risk Report Index 2021.
5) Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has launched Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana to provide free treatment to the poor of the state at government as well as private hospitals.
▪️ Recent News – The 16th edition of Indo-U.S. joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ will be held in Rajasthan between February 8 and 21.
CM – Ashok Gehlot
Governor – Kalraj Mishra
👉Amber Palace, Hawa Mahal, Ranthambore National Park, City Palace, Keoladeo Ghana National Park, Sariska National Park.
6) Ministry of Coal launched Single Window Clearance Portal, a unified platform that facilitates grant of clearances and approvals required for starting a coal mine in India.
👉Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah launched the portal in presence of Union Minister of Coal & Mines Shri Pralhad Joshi.
7) Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the famous Toshali National Crafts Mela 2021.
👉Patnaik inaugurated the 15th edition of the mela, which is the biggest fair in the Eastern India.
👉Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
👉 Governor – Ganeshi Lal
👉Shree Jagannath Temple
👉Maa Samaleswari Temple
8)Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and French Minister for Ecological Transition Barbara Pompili launched the Indo-French Year of the Environment, under which the two countries will engage in discussions on critical areas of collaboration relating to environment and allied areas
▪️ Ministry Of Environment, Forest And Climate Change :-
Headquarters: New Delhi
Cabinet Minister – Prakash Javadekar
Minister of State – Babul Supriyo
9) From modest beginnings in 1996, Aero India has come a long way to become Asia’s largest defence and aerospace air show over the years. In its 25th year, the government is using it to further geopolitical goals with strategic events.
👉For the first time, the 13th edition will see an Indian Ocean Region (IOR) defence minister’s conclave as India seeks a bigger role in this volatile hub of global geopolitical rivalry.
👉Bengaluru has hosted all 13 editions of the show.
▪️ Recent News – The Chief Minister of Karnataka, B.S. Yediyurappa launched “Krishi Sanjeevani Vans” in Bengaluru.
CM :- Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa
Governor :- Vajubhai Vala
Formation :- 1 November 1956
Language :- Kannada
Port :- New Mangalore Port
10) The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on Monday successfully conducted the maiden test of the New Generation Akash missile (Akash-NG).
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
👉 Founded – 1958
👉 HeadQuarter – New Delhi
👉 Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
👉 Recent News – Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)
11) Suresh Khatanhar has been named as the new Chairman of the Board of Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) Intech.
▪️Industrial Development Bank of India :-
👉Founded – 1 July 1964
👉Founder – Government of India by an Act of Parliament
👉Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
👉Chairman – M. R. Kumar
👉MD & CEO – Rakesh Sharma