The 2018 FIFA World Cup was the 21st FIFA World Cup, an international football tournament contested by the men’s national teams of the member associations of FIFA once every four years. It took place in Russia from 14 June to 15 July 2018
• Venue – Russia
• Winner – France (France won the match 4–2 to claim their second World Cup title after 1998)
• Runner-up – Croatia
• Venue of FIFA 2022 – Qatar (It will be the first Arab country to host World Cup and it will also for first time it will be held in Middle East region.)
• Venue of FIFA 2026 – Canada, Mexico, United States
• Official Match Ball – Telstar 18
• Official Song – “Live It Up”, with vocals from Will Smith, Nicky Jam and Era Istrefi
• Mascot – Zabivaka (an anthropomorphic wolf)
• Man of the Match in Final: Antoine Griezmann (France).
• FIFA President – Gianni Infantino
• France Captain – Hugo Lloris
• Golden Ball Award: Croatian captain Luka Modric
• Golden Glove Award: Belgium’s Thibaut Courtois won the Golden Glove award for the best goalkeeper.
• Golden Boot Award: England captain Harry Kane won the World Cup Golden Boot. He was the top scorer with six goals.
• Young Player Award: France’s Kylian Mbappe won the Young Player award. He scored the game’s finest goal and became the first teenager to register in the final since Pele in 1958.
• Fair play Award: Spain was awarded the Fair play Award for being the most disciplined team in the tournament.
• For the first time video assistant referee (VAR) system was used in the FIFA World Cup.
• Iceland and Panama made their first appearances at a FIFA World Cup 2018.