Jharkhand Current Affairs – January 2018
Jharkhand CM launches “Saubhagya Yojana” to provide electricity to all villages On December 31, 2017, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das launched ‘Saubhagya Yojana’, aimed at providing electricity to all the 29376 villages across the state.
i .Currently, 17.64 lakh households in Jharkhand do not have electricity supply. Under ‘Saubhagya Yojana’, all such households will get 24X7 electricity supply by December 2018.
ii. Under this scheme, above poverty line (APL) families would get electricity connection by paying Rs 500 (Rs 50 each month for 10 months).
PradhanMantri LPG Panchayat launched in Jharkhand
On 25th January 2018, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das launched ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’ at Balijore village, in Dumka district of Jharkhand.
- Raghubar Das said that, Jharkhand is the first state in India, where beneficiaries are provided stoves along with gas connections.
- He said that, Rs 300 crore was alloted in the budget for LPG connection and stove distribution. Out of that, 10 lakh beneficiaries have been provided with connections so far.
Water Resources Ministry Signs MoU with Bihar and Jharkhand for Completion of North Koel Reservoir Project
On January 12, 2018, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India has signed a MoU with State Governments of Bihar and Jharkhand for completion of balance works of North Koel reservoir project at an estimated cost of Rs. 1622.27 crore.
- This project is situated on North Koel river, a tributary of Soneriver.
- As per the MoU, out of the estimated cost of balance works of Rs. 1622.27 crores, Rs 1378.61 crore will be provided by Central Government as a grant from Long Term Irrigation Fund (LTIF) under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY).
- Rs. 243.66 crores will be borne by Bihar and Jharkhand through the loan financed by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
Jharkhand Current Affairs – February 2018
Jharkhand to set up “Dada-Dadi Park” park in every city
On 12th February 2018, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced that “Dada-Dadi Park” for senior citizens will soon be set up in all cities of Jharkhand while laying the foundation for three projects worth Rs 300 crore at Jaiprakash Udyan, Adityapur.
- Raghubar Das said that, the Dada-Dadi park will be set up to relieve people from the summer heat.
- The three projects are: Adityapur Sewerage Yojna for Rs 255.15 crore, Urban Water Project for Rs 49.30 crore in Chakradharpur, West Singhbhum district and Multi-purpose Convention Hall for Rs 9.81 crore in Jamshedpur.
Sudhir Tripathy appointed as Jharkhand Chief Secretary
Additional Chief Secretary Sudhir Tripathi has been made the new chief secretary of Jharkhand.
- Sudhir Tripathy replaces Rajbala Verma as Jharkhand Chief Secretary. Rajbala Verma retired from his position on 28th February 2018.
- Sudhir Tripathy is a 1985 batch IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Officer. He was the Additional Chief Secretary in the state health department
Jharkhand Current Affairs – March 2018
Banlotwa becomes first alcohol-free village in Ranchi district
Banlotwa has become the first ‘alcohol-free’ village in Ranchi district of Jharkhand.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das lauded the residents of the village for achieving this feat and has given Rs 1 lakh cash to the village head of Banlotwa.
- It is to be noted that, two years ago, Raghubar Das had announced that any village becoming alcohol-free would be given Rs. 1 lakh for its development.
- Mr. Das stated that people of Banlotwa have joined hands to make the village ‘nasa mukt’ (alcohol-free).
Jharkhand Current Affairs – May 2018
Cabinet approves setting up of a new AIIMS in Deoghar, Jharkhand
i.The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved setting up of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Deoghar, Jharkhand. With an allotment
of Rs.1103 cr the AIIMS will be setup under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
PM Modi lays foundation stone of several developmental projects in Jharkhand
On 25 May 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of several projects of the Government of India and Government of Jharkhand, at an event in Sindri, Jharkhand.
Developmental projects in Jharkhand:
- The projects are listed below:
1.Revival of Sindri Fertilizer Project of Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Ltd. 2.Ranchi City Gas Distribution Project by GAIL
3.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Deoghar 4.Development of Deoghar Airport
5.Patratu Super Thermal Power Project
- The total cost of the projects, for which foundation stones were laid is Rs. 27,000 crore.
Patratu Super Thermal Power Project: PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone in Jharkhand
On 25th May 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the 2400MW first phase of NTPC’s Patratu Super Thermal Power Project in Jharkhand.
- This project is a 74: 26 Joint Venture between Government of Jharkhand and Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd (PVUN).PVUN is a subsidiary company of NTPC making a total capacity expansion of 4,000MW.
- PVUNL will implement the project in two phases:
2,400 MW (3x800MW) in Phase-I
1,600 MW (2×800 MW) in Phase-II (will be developed later).
Jharkhand Current Affairs – June 2018
Swachh Survekshan 2018 report was released by PM Modi; Indore and Bhopal retain their earlier top two positions
On June 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented awards to the top states, cities and Organizations of the Swachh Survekshan 2018 in Indore.
|Greater Mumbai||Cleanest State Capital|
|Vijayawada||Cleanest city in >10 lakh population category|
|Mysuru||Cleanest city in 3-10 lakh population category|
|New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC)||Cleanest city in 1-3 lakh population category|
|Delhi Cantt.||Cleanest Cantonment Board|
|Bakeys Foods Private Limited||Hyderabad||‘Swachh Innovation’|
|Saahas Waste Management Private Limited||Bengaluru||Swachh Best Practice category|
|Daily Dump||Bengaluru||Swachh Entrepreneur award|
Jharkhand Current Affairs – July 2018
Country’s first Khadi mall to come up in Jharkhand
On July 2, 2018, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced that Jharkhand will have the first ‘Khadi Mall’ of the country.
- This was announced while addressing the ‘Karigar Panchayat’ organized by the Khadi Board at the Tana Bhagat Indoor Stadium .
- The mall will be built in the land of the Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC) campus.
- It will be developed by Khadi Board.So far 1.13 lakh artisans have been registered to be trained to make goods as per the needs of the market.
- The artisans would be provided technological aid for value addition in their products, while rural, urban and tourism ‘haats’ will provide them markets for their goods.
- This initiative of the Khadi Board, many people in the rural area have got jobs and markets.
About Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC):
The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body formed by
the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’. It is an apex organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, with regard to khadi and village industries within India, which seeks to – “plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies
Jharkhand Current Affairs – August 2018
5 day International water colour festival held in Ranchi from 23rd-27th August: Jharkhand
From August 23-27, 2018, Jharkhand government held the International water colour festival at the Audrey House in capital city of Ranchi.With an Objective to promote rich culture and art of Jharkhand and international art and give recognition to local artists.
- It was organized by Department of Tourism, Art-Culture, Sports & Youth Affairs.
- 56 internationally renowned artists — from as many as 24 countries and 25 Indian states — participated in the five-day festival.
Aniruddha Bose appointed as the 12th CJ of Jharkhand HC
On August 11, 2018, Justice Aniruddha Bose took an oath as the 12th Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court. His oath was administered by Jharkhand governor Droupadi Murmu.
He was an advocate of Bar Council of West Bengal in 1985.He practised in the Calcutta High Court and was elevated to the Bench in 2004.
Jharkhand Current Affairs – September 2018
‘Ayushman Bharat’ scheme launched by PM Narendra Modi in Ranchi, Jharkhand
On September 23, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi rolled out the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana-Ayushman Bharat in Ranchi, Jharkhand, covering 57 lakh families in the state. He also launched a toll free no of the Ayushman Bharat scheme: 14555.
- PMJAY-Ayushman Bharat is considered to be the biggest government-sponsored healthcare scheme in the world.
- It will be funded with 60 per cent contribution coming from the Centre and remaining from the states.
- 31 states and Union territories have signed MOU with Centre to implement this scheme except: Telangana, Odisha, Delhi, Kerala and Punjab.
- Under this scheme, more than 1,300 ailments are covered under it, including heart diseases, kidney and liver disorders and diabetes.
- 2,500 modern hospitals would come up in tier-II and tier-III cities and would generate employment opportunities.
- A total of 13,000 hospitals have become a part of the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- On his visit to Ranchi for this occasion, he laid the foundation stone for medical colleges at Chaibasa and Koderma.
- He also inaugurated 10 health and wellness centres.
As per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data, there are 8.03 crore poor, deprived rural families in rural and 2.33 crore urban workers’ families in urban areas.
About Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM):
- Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission is a scheme that was announced by the Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitely while presenting the
General Budget 2018-19 will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. It will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
Under this scheme , Rs 1200 crore has been allotted for establishing 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centres . 24 new Government Medical Colleges and Hospitals will be set up, by up- grading existing district hospitals in the country. At least 1 Medical College for every 3 Parliamentary Constituencies and at least 1 Government Medical College in each State of the country.
4-day “Lok Manthan 2018” : national literary and intellectual conference inaugurated by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu in Ranchi
On September 27, 2018, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a national literary and intellectual conference- “Lok Manthan 2018” at Khel Gaon in Ranchi.
- The four-day event was organised by Department of Culture of Jharkhand Government in association with a NGO.
- The event witnessed discussions on present social and cultural issues facing the country. Jharkhand govt renames town and railway station after Bansidhari temple of Lord Krishna
On September 3, 2018, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs approved the Jharkhand government’s proposal to rename a railway station and a town in Garhwa district after Lord Krishna.
- The town Nagar Untari and the railway station would be renamed as Banshidhar Nagar, after Banshidhar Temple.
- It would be remodeled on the lines of Mathura and Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh to make it a part of the Lord Krishna religious circuit.
- The government is looking at proposals for a tie-up with the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).
Jharkhand Current Affairs – October 2018
Jharkhand, the partner state at Goa International Film Festival 2018
On October 9, 2018, Jharkhand has announced to be the partner state in Goa International Film Festival 2018 which will be held on 20th to 28th of November, 2018.
i. The decision was taken in meeting between Secretary of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting ,Mr. Amit Khare and Chief Secretary of Jharkhand, Sudhir Tripathy at Ranchi. ii.This is help Jharkhand to showcase its culture.
iii. Furthermore, it was also decided to organize Jharkhand Film Festival, under Indian Panorama, in two towns of Jharkhand in January 2019.
Jharkhand Current Affairs – November 2018
Government of India and World Bank signed $310 million loan Agreement for Jharkhand Power System Improvement to provide reliable, quality and affordable electricity to the citizens of Jharkhand
On 20th November 2018, Government of India along with Government of Jharkhand signed a $310 million Loan Agreement for Jharkhand Power Improvement Project aimed to provide affordable and reliable electricity supply to citizens of Jharkhand.
- This project is a part of Government of India’s Power for All program launched in 2014.The plans aims addition of over 4.5 GW electricity generation capacity by 2022.
- The Agreement was signed by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of finance, Government of India, Ms Vandana Dadel, secretary, Energy department, Government of Jharkhand and Mr. Junaid Ahmad, country Director, World Bank India.
- The Agreement will help building new power transmission infrastructure and improves the technical efficiency and commercial performance of the state power corporation.
8th Two day National Conference of Women in Police held in Ranchi
On 19th & 20th November 2018, Bureau of Police Research & Development in collaboration
with Jharkhand Police organised the two days National Conference of Women in Police (NCWP) in the state capital of Jharkhand, Ranchi.
Around 150 women police personnel from across the country are expected to participate in the event. It is the only national level platform to address the issues of Women Police and create an enabling atmosphere for them to maximize and optimize their professional potential.
Jharkhand Current Affairs – December 2018
Jharkhand announces Rs 2,250-crore scheme to help farmers: Mukhya Mantri Krishi Yojana
On 21st December 2018, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced a Rs 2250 crore scheme named as “ Mukhya Mantri Krishi Yojana” which will help around 22.76 lakh medium and marginal farmers to double their income by 2022. The Central Government has set a goal to double the income of all the farmers by 2022.
- The Scheme will start from 2019-20 financial year. It will help farmers to procure seeds, fertilisers and other requirements for agricultural purposes.
- Under the scheme, the state government will give Rs 5000 per acre up to maximum of 5 acre
to 22.76 lakh medium and marginal farmers.
- Those farmers who have less than 1 acre land will also get Rs. 5000.
Centre included Gangotri, Yamunotri in Uttarakhand, Amarkantak in MP and Parasnath in Jharkhand under PRASAD Scheme: Tourism Ministry
On December 4, 2018, the central government announced inclusion
of Gangotri and Yamunotri in Uttrarakhand, Amarkantak in Madhya
Pradesh and Parasnath in Jharkhand under the scheme Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASAD).
i. With this, the number of pilgrimage sites under the scheme increased to 41 sites in 25 states. About the scheme PRASAD:
- It was launched by the Tourism Ministry in 2014-15.
- The scheme aimed at the following:
- Infrastructure development (road, rail and water transport),
- last mile connectivity,
- basic tourism facilities like Information/ Interpretation Centers, ATM/ money exchange, eco-friendly modes of transport among others.
- A total 24 projects in 15 states have been approved with estimated expenditure of Rs 727.16 crore and a total amount of Rs 331.15 crore has been released for these projects under the scheme since its inception till date.
For more information about PRASAD scheme: Click Here
Union Agriculture Minister inaugurated Global Agriculture and Food Summit 2018 in Jharkhand
On November 29 2018 the two-day Global Agriculture and Food summit had been inaugurated by Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh in Tana Bhagat Stadium, Khel Gaon at Ranchi,Jharkhand. Governor of Jharkhand Droupadi Murmu was the chief guest for the closing ceremony on November 30.
Objective of the summit :
- To showcase rich agri
ecosystem of Jharkhand and utilize the available potential in agriculture and
- To focus on organic farming in Agriculture and Horticulture sector and simultaneously network with policy makers, agri equipment manufacturers, academicians, agri startups, agri ecosystem companies etc.
- To double the farmers income by 2022 and to make Jharkhand as a food processing hub in eastern India.
Nearly 10,000 farmers from the Jharkhand had participated
in the Summit. Experts in agriculture, research, educationists in agriculture
institutions and universities, companies related
to agriculture business were also participated in the summit.
- Tunisia, China, Israel, Philippines and Mongolia are participating as associated countriesin International session.
- Government of Jharkhand is organizing Agri Trade Exhibition during Global Agriculture and Food Summit 2018 on 29-30th November 2018 at Ranchi.
Jharkhand govt to provide free mobile phones to 28 lakh:-
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced that the government will provide free mobile phones to 28 lakh farmers and a separate electric feeder for them for agriculture purpose by 2019/2021 which help the farmers about the market rates and other information relating to agriculture at the inaugural function of the two-day Agriculture and Food Summit in Ranchi .
Jharkhand gets “Krishi Karman” award in rice category
On 13th December 2018, the Union Ministry of Agriculture had selected Jharkhand for “Krishi Karman” award in the rice category.
- The award which carries a cash prize worth Rs 2 crore and a citation will be given away in February 2019 by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- As a gesture of appreciation to the farmers of the state for achieving the milestone, two progressive farmers, i.e. one male and one female, would also be given ‘Agriculture Minister’s Krishi Karman Award,”
- Each of the farmers would receive a cash award of Rs 2 lakh along with citation.
Ashok Amritraj was honoured with the French Knight of the National Order of Merit award in Mumbai
On December 14,2018,Producer Ashok Amritraj was honoured with the French Knight of the National Order of Merit for his contribution to the world of cinema and Indo-French film industry.
- The award was presented to him at the Closing ceremony of 2 day Indo-French Professional Meeting for the Film and Television Industry held in Mumbai,India.
- He had Produced Hollywood Films such as Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance with Nicholas Cage and 99 Homes starring Andrew Garfield