📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 17 January 2021
1) Telecom company Bharti Airtel and National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) have teamed up to drive the digital transformation of small businesses and Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in India.
▪️National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) :-
Founded :- 1955
Headquarters :- NSIC Bhawan, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi
2) Book, titled “Modi India Calling – 2021”, is the brainchild of senior BJP leader Vijay Jolly. It was released by Delhi BJP president Adesh Gupta at the Press Club of India.
3) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a working group to study digital lending activities of the regulated and unregulated players, due to the growing instances of frauds in digital lending space.
👉Jayant Kumar Dash has been named the Chairman of the working group, whereas Manoranjan Mishra will be the Member Secretary.
4) India and Japan signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enhance cooperation in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), including 5G standardisation.
Capital :- Tokyo
National language :- Japanese
Currency :- Japanese yen
Prime minister :- Yoshihide Suga
5) The Prarambh :- Startup India International Summit is being organised by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry on January 15-16.
👉The summit was inaugurated by Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry.
▪️Minister of Commerce and Industry :-
Headquarters :- New Delhi
Minister :- Piyush Goyal
6) The Japanese brokerage Nomura has revised upward the GDP forecast for India in 2020-21 and now expects it to contract to 6.7 percent.
Founded :- December 25, 1925 (Osaka, Japan)
Headquarters :- Nihonbashi, Chuo, Tokyo, Japan
7) The social activist and Padma Shri winner D Prakash Rao has passed away following a brain stroke. Rao, a Padma Shri, was known for his contribution towards imparting education to slum and orphan children in Cuttack.
8) India Finds Its First Ever Lithium Reserves In Karnataka’s Mandya.
👉The discovery has been made in the preliminary survey of Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD), which is an arm of Centre’s Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
▪️Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) :-
Formed :- 3 August 1954
Jurisdiction :- Republic of India
Headquarters :- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
9) The Union government has appointed RS Sharma, former Trai chief, as the chairperson of an empowered committee for administration of Covid-19 vaccine. This has come days ahead of the mega vaccination drive is to start in India.
10) Flipkart partnered with NITI Aayog to launch the updated version of Women ntrepreneurship Platform (WEP), in January, 20211.
👉Flipkart CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
11) The Union petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated a migrant worker cell at Surat in Gujarat.
👉Gujarat CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
👉Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
👉World´s tallest statue (Sardar Patel statue) in Gujarat.
👉Akshardham Temple in Gandhinagar
👉Swaminarayan Temple of Maninagar
12) Arunachal Pradesh is likely to become India’s prime producer of Vanadium As per the Geological Survey of India (GSI). Vanadium is a high-value metal used in strengthening steel and titanium.
▪️Geological Survey of India (GSI) :-
👉Founder :- Thomas Oldham
👉Founded :- 4 March 1851
👉Parent Government agency :- Ministry of Mines
👉Headquarters :- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
▪️Arunachal Pradesh :-
👉CM :- Pema Khandu
👉Governor :- B. D. Mishra
👉Land of the Rising Sun