📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 21 January 2021
1) Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th President of the United States on 20 Jan. 2021 on a cold, bright afternoon in the nation’s capital.
👉78-yr-old Joe Biden will be oldest US president to take oath.
👉President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris was sworn in at the West Front of the US capitol during the 59th Presidential Inauguration ceremony.
2) Iran and six other nations lost their right to vote in the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) because they have not paid their dues.
👉Other Nations :- Niger, Libya, the Central African Republic, Congo Brazzaville, South Sudan and Zimbabwe.
3) Puducherry fast bowler Santa Murthy has made history in the Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament. Santa is the oldest bowler to take five wickets in T20 cricket.
4) The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd has signed a MoU with NHPC Ltd. for providing technical expertise in developing renewable energyIR projects.
Formed :- 11 March 1987
👉Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) is a Mini Ratna (Category – I) Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
5) The ministry of information and broadcasting launched a digital calendar and diary for 2021.
▪️Ministry Of Information And Broadcasting :-
👉Officeholder :-Prakash Javadekar (Minister)
👉Departments :- Films Division of India
👉Headquarters :- New Delhi
6) The United Kingdom has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to attend the G7 summit that is scheduled to be held in June. Apart from India, Australia and South Korea are also invited to participate in the proceedings of the summit as “guest countries”.
👉The Group of Seven (G7) is an intergovernmental organization consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States. The heads of government of the member states, as well as the representatives of the European Union, meet at the annual G7 Summit.Its First summit took place on 15–17 November 1975, in Rambouillet, France.
👉47th G7 summit :-
The 47th G7 summit is intended to be held during the summer of 2021 in the United Kingdom(Location: Carbis Bay, United Kingdom)
7) Government of India has decided to celebrate the 125th Birth Anniversary year of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose as “PARAKRAM DIWAS” to inspire people of the country, especially the youth, to act with fortitude in the face of adversity as Netaji did, and to infuse in them a spirit of patriotic fervour.
▪️Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose :-
Born – 23 January 1897, Cuttack
Died – 18 August 1945, Taipei, Taiwan
👉Quote :- Give me blood and I will give you freedom!
👉Freedom is not given, it is taken.
8) The U.S. government has blacklisted Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Corp. and China’s third-largest national oil company for alleged military links.
9) India has demonstrated an offensive swarm drone system that simulated taking down a range of targets, ranging from tanks, terror camps, helipads and fuel dumps at the annual Army Day parade in the capital.
10) Defence minister Rajnath Singh unveiled state-of-the-art ‘Driverless Metro Car’ for Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) which will be deployed on Metro corridors in Mumbai.
▪️Ministry of Defence :-
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉Founded – 15 August 1947
👉The Indian Armed Forces (including Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy) and Indian Coast Guard under the Ministry of Defence are primarily responsible for ensuring the territorial integrity of India.
11) India has supplied a consignment of two mobile harbour cranes to Iran’s Chabahar port with a total contract value of over USD 25 million.
▪️Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways :-
👉Headquarters – Parivahan Bhavan, New Delhi
👉Minister – Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Minister of State (Independent Charge)