📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 26 January 2021
1) Gujarat Chief minister Vijay Rupani has announced for the formation of ‘Mukhyamantri Bagayat Vikas Mission’. The aim is to accelerate agriculture, horticulture and promote farming of herbal plants.
👉 CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
👉Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
👉Wild Ass Sanctuary
👉Gir Forest National Park
👉Velavadar National Park
👉Marine National Park
2) Traditional festival of Shakrain was celebrated in several parts of Dhaka in Bangladesh .
👉Capital and largest city:- Dhaka
President: – Abdul Hameed
Prime Minister: – Sheikh Hasina
3) Indian Railway Finance Corporation ‘s initial public offer ( IPO) worth more than Rs 4,600 crore come up January month, with a price band of Rs 25-26 per share.
▪️Ministry of Railways :-
👉Formed :- March 1905
👉Headquarters :- New Delhi
👉Minister :- Piyush Goyal
👉Chairman of Railway Board and Chief Executive Officer :- Suneet Sharma
▪️Indian Railway Finance Corporation :-
Headquarters :- New Delhi
Founded :- 12 December 1986
4) The Zoological Survey of India has started tagging endangered olive ridleys to track their migration path in the off-shore waters of Odisha.
👉The ZSI scientists took six turtles floating in the deep water of the Bay of Bengal and attached the tags made of aluminum before releasing them back in the sea.
👉Formation – 1 July 1916
👉Purpose – Animal taxonomy and conservation
👉Headquarters – Kolkata
👉Director – Dr. Kailash Chandra
5) Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) has developed the country’s first indigenous machine pistol ASMI.
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
👉 Founded – 1958
👉 HeadQuarter – New Delhi
👉 Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
👉 Recent News – Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)
6) The budget session of Parliament will commence on January 29 with the President’s Address while the union budget will be presented on February 1.
👉The budget of a government is a summary or plan of the intended revenues and expenditures of that government.
👉According to Article 112 of the Indian Constitution, the Union Budget of a year, also referred to as the annual financial statement, is a statement of the estimated receipts and expenditure of the government for that particular year.
7) Madhya Pradesh has become the first State to give electricity subsidy through Direct Benefit Transfer. With this, it has fulfilled a power reform condition as proposed by the Centre and thus eligible for additional borrowing.
▪️ Recent News – World’s largest floating solar energy project in India is going to be constructed on Omkareshwar Dam on Narmada river.
CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor – Anandiben Patel
8) A task force, led by former Samata Party chief Jaya Jaitly and NITI Aayog Member (Health) V.K. Paul, submitted its report to the Prime Minister’s Office and the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD).
👉The report recommends an increase in the age from 18 to 21, but in a phased manner
9) The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has landed in trouble in the Karnataka High Court for claiming in a submission that the Environment Protection Act, 1986 was “passed by Parliament not only for protection of environment but also at the instance of foreign powers” while referring to a UN conference.
▪️National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) :-
👉Founded – 1988
👉Sector – Indian National Highway System
👉Purpose – Development and maintenance of national highways
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉Chairman – Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
10) Home Minister Amit Shah launched the ‘Ayushman CAPF ‘ scheme for Central Armed Police Forces personnel and their families. The scheme was launched at the CRPF group centre in Guwahati.
👉The scheme has gifted access to healthcare providers under ‘Ayushman Bharat: Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) ‘ to 28 lakh CAPFs, Assam Rifles and NSG personnel and their families where PM-JAY is operational.
▪️Ayushman Bharat: Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) :-
👉Launched: 23 September 2018
👉Ministry: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
11) The Election Commission of India has started ‘e-EPIC’ (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card), a non-editable and secure PDF version of the electoral photo identity card (EPIC) as part of National Voters’ Day.
▪️Election Commission of India :-
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉First Chief Election Commissioner of India – Sukumar Sen
👉 Present Chief Election Commissioner of India – Sunil Arora
👉 Recently Sunil Arora released a book titled ‘Electoral Reforms in India’ authored by Dr. Komal Jain.