📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 30 January 2021
1) On the occasion of National Girl Child Day, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the ‘PANKH Abhiyan’ under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme in order to aid in empowerment and growth of the girl child.
▪️Recent News – World’s largest floating solar energy project in India is going to be constructed on Omkareshwar Dam on Narmada river.
CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor – Anandiben Patel
2) The Reserve Bank of India has constituted an inter-departmental group to explore the feasibility of introducing a rupee-backed digital currency to battle the rising costs of managing paper currency. This is RBI’s first take on the possible use of digital currency.
▪️Reserve Bank of India:-
👉Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
👉Established:- 1 April 1935
👉Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
3) The Beating Retreat ceremony which marks the culmination of the four-day long Republic Day celebrations, took place at the historic Vijay Chowk with as many as 26 performances by the bands by the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
👉For the very first time, a special new composition Swarnim Vijay was played which was composed to commemorate the 50 years of India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war. The composition was performed by Lieutenant Colonel Vimal Joshi and Havildar Jiwan Rasailycal.
4) Rebelo de Sousa, a center-right moderate and former leader of Portugal’s Social Democratic Party, will serve a second and final 5-year term.
👉Portugal is in the top 3 of the 2020 Global Peace Index, the ranking of the safest countries in the world. Portugal is beaten only by Iceland and New Zealand on this list of the safest countries, and is ranked far higher than neighbouring countries such as Spain and France.
5) Bharti Airtel has become India’s first telecom operator to successfully operate live fifth-generation (5G) service in Hyderabad city over a commercial network.
Recent News- Telecom company Bharti Airtel and National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) have teamed up to drive the digital transformation of small businesses and Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in India.
👉Bharti Airtel (Airtel) has appointed Pradipt Kapoor as Chief Information Officer (CIO).
6) The Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval to a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Uzbekistanb for cooperation in the field of solar energy.
👉Uzbekistan is a Central Asian nation and former Soviet republic.
President – Shavkat Mirziyoyev
7) Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Ministry of Defence signed a framework Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in New Delhi to strengthen collaboration in the field of technical exchange and co-operation on sustainable geo-hazard management.
👉The MoU was signed by Secretary MoRTH Shri Giridhar Aramane and Secretary DRDO Dr. Satieesh Reddy.
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
👉 Founded – 1958
👉 HeadQuarter – New Delhi
👉 Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
8) Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated the state’s first child-friendly police station in Dehradun. It is being described as a major reformative step taken by the police.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor :- Baby Rani Maurya
👉Asan Conservation Reserve
👉Country’s first moss garden
👉Country’s first Pollinator Park
👉Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
9) Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma inaugurated India’s longest road arch bridge, the Wahrew Bridge at Sohbar in East Khasi Hills district.
👉Governor – Satya Pal Malik
👉Nartiang Durga Temple
👉Khasi, Garo and Jaintia hills