📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 6 February 2021
1) RS Sharma, former chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), has been appointed as the CEO of the National Health Authority (NHA).
👉He will be replacing Indu Bhushan whose three years terms comes to an end.
▪️National Health Authority:-
👉The National Health Authority or the NHA is responsible for implementing India’s flagship public health insurance/assurance scheme Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
▪️Telecom Regulatory Authority of India:-
Founded – 20 February 1997
Headquarters – New Delhi
2) Former Chief Justice of the Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) High Court, Justice Gita Mittal has been appointed Chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC).
👉BCCC is an independent self-regulatory body set up by the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) in June 2011 for non-news, general entertainment channels.
👉Indian Broadcasting Foundation also known as (IBF) is a unified representative body of the television broadcasters in India. The organisation was founded in the year 1999.
3) Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today addressed the inaugural ceremony of the ASEAN India Hackathon.
👉ASEAN was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok by the five original member countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. Brunei Darussalam joined on 8 January 1984, Vietnam on 28 July 1995, Laos and Myanmar on 23 July 1997, and Cambodia on 30 April 1999.
▪️Ministry of Education :-
👉Formed :- 15 August 1947
👉Headquarters :- New Delhi
4) S Gopalakrishnan has been appointed as the next high commissioner of the India to the Republic of Malawi by the Ministry of External Affairs.
👉Malawi, a landlocked country in southeastern Africa, is defined by its topography of highlands split by the Great Rift Valley and enormous Lake Malawi.
5) Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 125th anniversary celebrations of the ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ journal.
👉Prabuddha Bharata’ is a monthly journal of the Ramakrishna Order which was started by Swami Vivekananda. It has been in publication since 1896 and carries articles on social sciences and humanities comprising historical, psychological, cultural and social sciences themes.
6) The Karnataka Chief Minister, BS Yediyurappa recently launched Avalokana software to access data on expenditures and sanctions incurred on 1,800 programmes.
CM :- Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa
Governor :- Vajubhai Vala
Formation :- 1 November 1956
Language :- Kannada
Port :- New Mangalore Port
7) Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh virtually kicked off a state-wide scheme for allotment of 7,219 fair price shops (FPS) under his government’s flagship ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar te Karobaar Mission’.
👉Heart of India’s Sikh community
👉CM :- Captain Amarinder Singh
👉GOVERNOR :- VP Singh Badnore
👉Major steel manufacturer.
👉A major producer of essential crops.
8) India inked a strategic partnership agreement with the International Energy Agency (IEA) to strengthen cooperation in global energy security, stability and sustainability.
▪️International Energy Agency:-
👉Headquarters – Paris, France
👉Founded – November 1974
09) The theme of National Voters Day 2021 is, ‘Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed’.
10) Border Security Force (BSF) has launched operation ‘Sard Hawa’ at the western international border of Rajasthan, under which vigil will be beefed-up to check the instances of infilteration due to the dense fog in the area.
▪️Border Security Force (BSF):-
👉Formed – 1 December, 1965
👉Governing body – Ministry of Home Affairs (India)
👉Constituting instrument- Border Security Force Act, 1968
👉Headquarters – New Delhi, India
👉Minister of Home Affairs- Amit Shah,
👉Director General, BSF – Rakesh Asthana