List of Nobel prize winner for the year 2018
- Physiology or Medicine – James P. Allison (USA), Tasuku Honjo (Japan)
• Field – For their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation
- Physics – Gérard Mourou (France), Arthur Ashkin (USA), Donna Strickland (Canada)
• Field – For their method of generating high-intensity, ultra-short optical pulses in the field of laser physics.
- Chemistry – George Smith (USA), Frances Arnold (USA), Greg Winter (UK)
• Field – For control of evolution and used it for purposes that bring the greatest benefit to humankind.
- Peace – Denis Mukwege (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Nadia Murad (Germany)
• Field – For their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.
- Economic Sciences – William Nordhaus (US), Paul Romer (US)
• Field – For work on climate change, and the endogenous growth theory.
- Alternative Nobel Literature Prize – Maryse Conde
• Maryse Conde, one of the Caribbean’s most renowned authors, has won an award created to replace this year’s Nobel Prize for Literature.
• The Nobel Prize for Literature was suspended after a crisis over its handling of allegations against Frenchman Jean-Claude Arnault, the husband of one of the academy’s members.
- Nobel prize for math: Akshay Venkatesh, a renowned Indian-Australian mathematician, is one of four winners of mathematics’ prestigious Fields medal, known as the Nobel prize for math.