📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 22 January 2021
1) PM Modi released the financial assistance of around Rs. 2,691 crores to over 6 lakh beneficiaries in Uttar Pradesh under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin.
▪️Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin :-
👉Launch year :- 2015
👉Launched by :- Narendra Modi
👉Ministry :-Ministry of Rural Development
👉A similar scheme for urban poor was launched in 2015 as Housing for All by 2022
2) The Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has received the much-coveted SKOCH Challenger Award for the “Best Performance in eGovernance” due to implementation of policy initiatives through government programs.
👉 The award was received by the honorable Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda, at the Virtual 70th SKOCH Summit 2020 titled ‘Public Policy for Tribal and Marginalized,”
3) Arunachal Pradesh to build memorial to honour hero who won Tawang for India.
👉The foundation stone of the memorial will be laid on February 14, the day when Khathing is believed to have hoisted the Indian flag in Tawang in 1951.
▪️Arunachal Pradesh :-
👉CM :- Pema Khandu
👉Governor :- B. D. Mishra
👉Land of the Rising Sun
👉Orchid State of India or the 👉Paradise of the Botanists.
4) The India Meteorological Department has launched digital portal to record weather conditions.
▪️India Meteorological Department:-
👉Founded :- 1875
👉Headquarters: Mausam Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
5) India and Japan signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enhance cooperation in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), including 5G standardisation.
Capital :- Tokyo
National language :- Japanese
Currency :- Japanese yen
Prime minister :- Yoshihide Suga
6) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a working group to study digital lending activities of the regulated and unregulated players, due to the growing instances of frauds in digital lending space.
👉Jayant Kumar Dash has been named the Chairman of the working group, whereas Manoranjan Mishra will be the Member Secretary.
7) Earth Sciences Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the doppler weather radars in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh that will improve forecasts in the hilly states and also for Char Dham and Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimages.
▪️Ministry of Science and Technology (India):-
👉Founded – May 1971
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉 Minister – Harsh Vardhan
👉 Minister of State – Y. S. Chowdary
8) Moter bike ambulances “‘Rakshita” developed by the DRDO were inducted into the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) for casualty evacuation tasks in remote Naxal violence and insurgency-affected areas.
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
👉 Founded – 1958
👉 HeadQuarter – New Delhi
👉 Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
9) Prime Minister Narendra Modi was unanimously chosen as the new chairman of the trust which manages the world famous Somnath Temple at Prabhas Patan town in Gujarat’s Gir-Somnath district, becoming the second PM to hold the post.
👉Gujarat CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
👉Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
👉Akshardham Temple in Gandhinagar
10) India and Singapore signed the implementing agreement on submarine rescue support and cooperation between the two Navies. This was signed at the 5th Defence Ministers dialogue held virtually between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Singapore counterpart Dr. Ng Eng Hen.
▪️Ministry of Defence :-
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉Founded – 15 August 1947
11) Senior oncologist and chairwoman of Cancer Institute Dr V Shanta died in a private hospital in Chennai. She was 94.
👉She won several awards, including Ramon Magsaysay Award and the Padma Bhushan, Padama Shri, Padma Vibhushan.