📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 23 January 2021
1) The Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval to a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Uzbekistanb for cooperation in the field of solar energy.
👉Uzbekistan is a Central Asian nation and former Soviet republic.
President – Shavkat Mirziyoyev
2) The Indian Air Force (IAF) and French Air and Space Force kickstarted the bilateral exercise Desert Knight-21 at Air Force Station Jodhpur.
▪️Indian Air Force:-
👉Founded – 8 October 1932
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉Commander-in-Chief – President Ram Nath Kovind
👉Chief of the Air Staff – Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
👉Vice Chief of the Air Staff – Air Marshal Harjit Singh
3) The Union Cabinet gave its approval for ₹5,281.94-crore investment in the 850-MW Ratle Hydro Electric (HE) Project located on river Chenab, in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
👉L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
👉Dachigam National Park
👉Salim Ali National Park
4) Russia announced that it was leaving the Open Skies Treaty (OST), an accord between over 30 countries that allows participants to fly unarmed reconnaissance flights over any part of their fellow member states.
👉President – Vladimir Putin
👉State Historical Museum in Moscow
👉Russian Museum in St Petersburg
👉Kazan Kremlin in Kazan
5) Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Ministry of Defence signed a framework Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in New Delhi to strengthen collaboration in the field of technical exchange and co-operation on sustainable geo-hazard management.
👉The MoU was signed by Secretary MoRTH Shri Giridhar Aramane and Secretary DRDO Dr. Satieesh Reddy.
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
👉 Founded – 1958
👉 HeadQuarter – New Delhi
👉 Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
6) Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the country’s first small aircraft air taxi service.
👉Governor :- Satyadev Narayan Arya
👉Haryana Government has decided to develop Pipli in Kurukshetra as a world-class tourist hub.
7) Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan launched the “Clean Bindusagar” initiative in Odisha.
👉The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is a ministry of the Government of India. It is responsible for the exploration, production, refining, distribution, marketing, import, export, and conservation of petroleum, natural gas, petroleum products, and liquefied natural gas in India.
8) Kiran mazumdar-Shaw, executive chairperson, Biocon, has been selected as one of the vice chairs of the US-India Business Council (USIBC), with immediate effect.
9) Former Arunanchal Pradesh Governor Mata Prasad died following multi-organ failure at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS). He was 95 years old.
Arunachal Pradesh :-
👉CM :- Pema Khandu
👉Governor :- B. D. Mishra
👉Land of the Rising Sun
👉Orchid State of India or the 👉Paradise of the Botanists.
10) the Union Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the first ever Khelo India Zanskar Winter Sports Festival at Padum in Zanskar of Kargil district in Ladakh .
👉Hemis National Park is a high altitude national park in Ladakh.
👉The Central Government approved eight hydropower projects of 144 MW on the Indus River and its tributaries in Ladakh.
11) Gujarat government has decided to rename dragon fruit as ‘Kamalam’. government has applied for a patent to change the nomenclature of dragon fruit.
👉This fruit is largely grown in Kutch, Navsari and different parts of Saurashtra.
👉Gujarat CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
👉Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
12) Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), the PSU under Ministry of Power, has recently signed an agreement with Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Ltd To improve telecom connectivity in hilly areas.