Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 25 January 2021
Join our BPSC GS 1 and GS 2 mains answer writing @bpscmainsgs
1) The Odisha government announced that it will undertake a heritage project for beautification work at the famous Konark Sun Temple and development of its periphery.
The temple dedicated to Sun God was declared a world heritage site by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in 1984.
Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Shree Jagannath Temple
Maa Samaleswari Temple
2) The Bihar government has chosen “bicycle girl” Jyoti Kumari, who had pedalled 1,200 km from Gurugram to Darbhanga taking her injured father on the rear carrier during the nationwide lockdown, as the Brand Ambassador for an anti-drug abuse programme.
Bihar CM – Nitish Kumar
Governor – Phagu Chauhan
3) The New Delhi World Book Fair 2021 organized by the Government of India will be virtual for the first time due to the global epidemic Covid-19. The new education policy 2020 themed fair will run from 12 to 15 February.
▪️Ministry of Education :-
Formed :- 15 August 1947
Headquarters :- New Delhi
India had the Ministry of Education since 1947. In 1985, Rajiv Gandhi government changed its name to Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and with the public announcement of newly drafted “National Education Policy 2020” by the Narendra Modi government, Ministry of Human Resource Development was renamed back to Ministry of Education.
4) Telangana State government’s WE Hub has partnered with Gujarat government’s I-Hub, to support women entrepreneurs in Gujarat and Telangana.
CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
CM – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao
Governor of Telangana – Tamilisai Soundararajan (First Women Governor of Telangana)
5) The government appointed Siddhartha Mohanty, currently serving as the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of LIC Housing Finance, as the MD of India’s largest insurer Life Insurance Corporation (LIC).
Founder – Government of India
Founded – 1 September 1956
Headquarters – Mumbai
6) World’s largest floating solar energy project in India is going to be constructed on Omkareshwar Dam on Narmada river.
The Omkareshwar Dam is a gravity dam on the Narmada River just upstream of Mandhata in Khandwa district, Madhya Pradesh, India.
7) Recently DRDO has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation for the implementation of advanced biodigester MK-II technology in the metro rail network.
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
Founded – 1958
HeadQuarter – New Delhi
Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
8) J Venkatramu has been appointed the managing director and chief executive officer of India Post Payments Bank.
Indian Post payment Bank :-
Founded :-1 September 2018
Headquarters :- New Delhi
9) Popular bhajan singer Narendra Chanchal passed away in New Delhi. He was 80.
10) Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh virtually kicked off a state-wide scheme for allotment of 7,219 fair price shops (FPS) under his government’s flagship ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar te Karobaar Mission’.
Heart of India’s Sikh community
CM :- Captain Amarinder Singh
GOVERNOR :- VP Singh Badnore
Major steel manufacturer.
A major producer of essential crops.
11) The Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar has inaugurated the first-ever bird festival of the state, ‘Kalrav’, at Nagi-Nakti bird sanctuary, located in Jamui district.