📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 29 January 2021
1) Indian mathematician Nikhil Srivastava, has been named winner of the prestigious 2021 Michael and Sheila Held Prize along with two others for solving long-standing questions on the Kadison–Singer problem and on Ramanujan graphs.
2) The South-East Central Railways (SECR) zone in Chhattisgarh breaks its own previous record by successfully operating the longest ever freight train by amalgamating five rakes of goods trains as one unit of around 3.5 km.
👉Named as ‘Vasuki’, it covered the distance of 224 km between the railway stations of Bhilai and Korba and took about seven hours.
3) The Gujarat Government inked an agreement with India’s largest ports operator, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ), to set up India’s largest multi-modal logistics park.
CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
👉Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
👉Wild Ass Sanctuary
👉Gir Forest National Park
👉Velavadar National Park
👉Marine National Park
4) The board of Sundaram Finance
named Rajiv Lochan (director Strategy) as managing director with effect from April 1, while the current deputy managing director Harsha Viji, will assume the office of executive vice chairman.
5) IIT Roorkee has collaborated with the Minister of Road Transport & Highways, MoRTH to focus on research and development, teaching & training for the Development of Highway Infrastructure. The MoU has been signed by both the institute for the continuation of the MoRTH Professorial Chair at the Institute.
6) The expert committee will be headed by IRDAI Chairperson, Subhash Chandra Khuntia to examine the availability of health insurance products in the country.
▪️Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority:-
Founded :- 1999
Headquarters :- Hyderabad
Chairperson :- Subhash Chandra Khuntia
7) The Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has received the much-coveted SKOCH Challenger Award for the “Best Performance in eGovernance” due to implementation of policy initiatives through government programs.
👉 The award was received by the honorable Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda, at the Virtual 70th SKOCH Summit 2020 titled ‘Public Policy for Tribal and Marginalized,”
8) India and Japan signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enhance cooperation in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), including 5G standardisation.
Capital :- Tokyo
National language :- Japanese
Currency :- Japanese yen
Prime minister :- Yoshihide Suga
9) National Skill Development Corporation has joined hands with California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) to address the growing need for a digitally skilled workforce in India.
👉National Skill Development Corporation is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated on July 31, 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. NSDC was set up by Ministry of Finance as Public Private Partnership model.
👉 CEO – Manish Kumar
👉Headquarters – New Delhi, India
👉CFO(Chief Financial Officer) – Prakash Sharma
10) Gurugram-based Airtel Payments Bank has launched a safe mode of pay gateway called ‘Airtel Safe Pay’, to protect Airtel customers from the growing incidents of online payment frauds.
👉Bharti Airtel (Airtel) has appointed Pradipt Kapoor as Chief Information Officer (CIO).
11) Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the new four-lane Thaltej-Shilaj-Rancharda railway overbridge in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat.
▪️Ministry of Home Affairs :-
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉Founded – 15 August 1947
👉Minister of Home Affairs 👉Amit Shah
👉Minister of State for Home Affairs – G. Kishan Reddy, Nityanand Rai