📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 18 January 2021
1) The expert committee will be headed by IRDAI Chairperson, Subhash Chandra Khuntia to examine the availability of health insurance products in the country.
👉Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority:-
Founded :- 1999
Headquarters :- Hyderabad
Chairperson :- Subhash Chandra Khuntia
2) The Trump administration has re-designated Cuba as a “state sponsor of terrorism”, reversing an Obama-era decision days ahead of the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.
3) Indian Army will deploy the first batch of women helicopter pilots by 2022 after their induction into the Aviation Corps of the Indian Army.
👉The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army.
👉Headquarters :- Integrated Defence Headquarters, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
Founded :- 1 April 1895
👉Chief of Defence Staff (CDS):- General Bipin Rawat
👉Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) :- General Manoj Mukund Naravane
4) NIC and CBSE to launch CollabCAD Software to provide total engineering solutions for students & Faculty of Engineering Graphics Curriculum.
👉National Informatics Centre :-
Formation :- 1976
Headquarters :- New Delhi
5) Haryana Government has decided to develop Pipli in Kurukshetra as a world-class tourist hub.
👉The decision was taken in the meeting of Haryana Sarasvati Heritage Development Board (HSHDB) held under the chairmanship of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
👉Haryana Governor :- Satyadev Narayan Arya
6) Indian American Sonia Aggarwal to be US President-elect Joe Biden’s climate policy adviser
7) Managing Director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Mangu Singh inaugurated a new four-storey ‘simulator building’ in the sprawling premises of Delhi Metro Rail Academy (DMRA).
8) Sandeep Aggarwal is appointed as the new Chairman of the Telecom Equipment and Services Export Promotion Council (TEPC).
9) Veteran actor Biswajit Chatterjee receives Indian Personality of the Year Award at 51st IFFI.
👉Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar, announced a new ‘Indian Personality of the Year’ award, which he announced was being conferred upon veteran actor, director and singer Biswajit Chatterjee.
10) Amresh Kumar Chaudhary has been awarded prestigious ‘Chief of Army Staff Commendation’, for his outstanding contribution to Armed Forces during the critical period of the Covid-19 pandemic and its various operations.
11) Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off eight trains from various parts of the country connecting to Kevadiya in Gujarat, where the Statue of Unity is located, in a bid to increase tourism in the belt.
👉Gujarat CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
👉Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
👉Akshardham Temple in Gandhinagar
12) In order to enable the students to attend the online classes the Tamil Nadu government has decided to give free data cards with usage capacity of 2 GB per day between January to April 2021.
Tamil Nadu CM :- Edappadi K. Palaniswami
👉Governor :- Banwarilal Purohit
👉Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai
👉Pallava temples at Mahabalipuram