Books & Authors
· A Book Titled Know Your Rights: and Claim Them Jointly written by Angelina Jolie and Amnesty International with Geraldine Van Bueren QC. The book is a guide for every child and young person who believes in liberty, equality. The Book deals with from gender and racial equality, to the rights to free expression, health, a clean climate and a sustainable environment.
· Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur presented the first copy of the book titled Reflecting, Recollecting, Reconnecting to the Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu. The book chronicles Venkaiah Naidu’s fourth year in office as the Vice President of India.
· A New Book Titled An Invitation to Die: A Colonel Acharya Mystery‘ authored by Tanushree Podder. The Book is the story of murder mystery, investigation by Colonel Acharya. Tanushree Podder is a well known travel writer and novelist.
· A book has titled ‘Human Rights and Terrorism in India’ authored by BJP MP Subramanian Swamy. He has come out with a book “Human Rights and Terrorism in India” which traces how the combating of terrorism can be harmonised with human and fundamental rights within reasonable restrictions that are permitted by the Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court.
· The Pulitzer Prize-winning noted fiction writer, Jhumpa Lahiri, is set to launch her new book titled ‘Translating Myself and Others’, which will highlight her work as a translator. The new book is planned to be out in Spring 2022.
· Actress Tamannaah Bhatia launched her book ‘Back to the Roots’. She has co-authored the book with celebrity lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho. The book is based on intensive research and mentions India’s ancient secrets of health and wellness. All the chapters in ‘Back To the Roots’ are complete with tried-and-tested secrets that have served generations of this country.”
· Union Minister of Culture Shri Kishan Reddy Gangapuram has launched a book titled “Gita Govinda: Jaydeva’s Divine Odyssey” authored by Dr Utpal K. Banerjee. The book is the first-ever fully-rhymed translation of the book GeetaGovindam by great 12th-century poet Jayadeva.
· A new book has titled “Bullets Over Bombay: Satya and the Hindi Film Gangster” authored by Uday Bhatia. The Book deals with the testimonies from Ram Gopal Varma, Anurag Kashyap, Manoj Bajpayee, Vishal Bhardwaj, Saurabh Shukla.
· Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal released the book ‘Haryana Environment and Pollution Code’ compiled by former IAS officer and famous poet Smt. Dheera Khandelwal. The book will prove useful to the entrepreneurs, who were deprived of complete knowledge of laws and regulations related to the environment for setting up new ventures. Students, law researchers and practitioners will also benefit from this book.
· The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has released a book titled ‘Shining Sikh Youth of India’ in New Delhi, as a part of the commemoration of the 400th birth anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Guru of Sikhs. The book has been authored by Dr Prabhleen Singh, administrative officer at the Punjabi University, Patiala.
· A book has titled “The Three Khans: And the Emergence of New India” authored by Kaveree Bamzai. In the book, senior journalist, Kaveree Bamzai has juxtaposed the careers of the 3 Khans, Aamir, Shah Rukh, & Salman, with the most tumultuous times in the history of the republic.
· Chetan Bhagat will release his new novel titled ‘400 Days’ on October 08, 2021. He has released the cover for the same. It is the third novel in the Keshav-Saurabh series, after ‘The Girl in Room 105’ and ‘One Arranged Murder’. The novel is a tale of suspense, human relationships, love, friendship, the crazy world we live in and, above all, a mother’s determination to never give up.
· Amitav Ghosh’s “Jungle Nama” has now been released as an audiobook with music and voice of US-based Ali Sethi. Jungle Nama evokes the wonder of the Sundarban through its poetry, accompanied by stunning artwork by the renowned artist Salman Toor. This is an illuminated edition of a fabulous folk tale that every book lover will want to possess.
· A book titled “The Long Game: How the Chinese Negotiate with India” authored by Vijay Gokhale. In this new book, former foreign secretary of India, Vijay Gokhale, unpacks the dynamics of India-China relations through the prism of six historical and recent events.
· A book titled “The Fractured Himalaya: How the Past Shadows the Present in India-China Relations”, authored by Nirupama Rao. The book traces how the origins of the dispute between India and China form part of a living history that shapes their fractious relationship today.
· A new book has titled “The Battle of Rezang La” written by Kulpreet Yadav. A new book tells the story of 120 Indian soldiers who put up a valiant fight against the 5,000-strong Chinese military troops in the 1962 Indo-China war, preventing a possible occupation of the entire Ladakh region.
· In her book, My Life in Full: Work, Family and our Future, Indra Nooyi focuses on the importance that organisational support plays in working women’s lives. For instance, she lists the offer of three months of paid leave by BCG to take care of her father in India when he was diagnosed with cancer.