📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 8 February 2021
1) The Tamil Nadu government named senior IAS officer Rajeev Ranjan as Chief Secretary.
👉The Centre had approved the repatriation of Mr. Ranjan to his parent cadre (Tamil Nadu) “on the request” of the State government.
👉Tamil Nadu CM :- Edappadi K. Palaniswami
👉Governor :- Banwarilal Purohit
👉Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai
👉Pallava temples at Mahabalipuram
2) The CSIR(Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) and CMERI (Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute) has developed 1st Ever Waste-Water Treatment Technology which Purifies Waste Water for Irrigation/Farming Purposes.
▪️Council of Scientific and Industrial Research:-
👉Founder – Arcot Ramaswamy Mudaliar and Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar
👉Established – 26 September 1942
👉President – Prime Minister of India
👉Director General – Shekhar C. Mande
👉Parent institution – Ministry of Science & Technology
3) Textiles Minister Smriti Irani has inaugurated the 8th India International Silk Fair on Virtual Portal. The fair is considered to be India’s biggest silk fair, being held under one roof on Indian Silk Export Promotion Council’s virtual platform.
4) India has announced a pledge of USD 150,000 to activities of the Peacebuilding Fund this year and said that 2021 provides the international community with an opportunity to look at peacebuilding in a more focused manner, especially in the context of the COVID pandemic.
5) Kunwar Manvendra Singh of the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP), former deputy chairman and executive chairman of the Legislative Council, has been made the pro-tem speaker of the Uttar Pardesh legislative council.
👉He was administered the oath of office by governor Anandiben Patel at Raj Bhavan.
▪️Recent News – Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Chauri Chaura Centenary celebrations virtually in Uttar Pradesh.
👉 Chief minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the 24th edition of the Hunar Haat, a flagship programme of the ministry of minority affairs to promote indigenous handicraft and speciality products, at Awadh Shilpgram, Lucknow.
👉Recently, Uttar Pradesh government (UP) Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath launched a 3-week ong campaign namely “Kisan Kalyan Mission” for the state’s farmer welfare and to double their income.
6) Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) has developed the country’s first indigenous machine pistol ASMI.
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
👉 Founded – 1958
👉 HeadQuarter – New Delhi
👉 Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
👉 Recent News – Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)
7)Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and French Minister for Ecological Transition Barbara Pompili launched the Indo-French Year of the Environment, under which the two countries will engage in discussions on critical areas of collaboration relating to environment and allied areas
▪️ Ministry Of Environment, Forest And Climate Change :-
Headquarters: New Delhi
Cabinet Minister – Prakash Javadekar
Minister of State – Babul Supriyo
8) Telangana government has launched its own packaged drinking water ‘Mission Bhagiratha’. The bottle contains regular piped drinking water and is supplied to all government offices at free of cost.
👉CM – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao
👉Governor of Telangana – Tamilisai Soundararajan (First Women Governor of Telangana)
9)The 16th edition of Indo-U.S. joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ will be held in Rajasthan between February 8 and 21.
👉The exercise near the India-Pakistan border aims at enhancing cooperation and interoperability between the two armies and will focus on counter-terrorism operations under the United Nations mandate.
▪️Ministry of Defence :-
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 15 August 1947
👉Chief of Defence Staff (CDS):- General Bipin Rawat
👉Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) :- General Manoj Mukund Naravane
10) Ajay Singh was re-elected the president of the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) in the elections held at Gurugram.
👉A. Singh defeated Maharashtra MLA Ashish Shelar.
11)”India 2030: The Rise of a Rajasic Nation” is a collection of essays authored by Gautam Chikermane.
12) Ayesha Aziz, a 25-year-old from Kashmir has become the youngest female pilot in the country. In 2011, Ayesha Aziz hade become the youngest Student pilot to get a license at the age of 15. She underwent training to fly a MIG-29 jet at Russia’s Sokol airbase the following year
13) Uttar Pradesh will become the first state in the country to establish a leather park.
👉Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is likely to lay the foundation stone of the project soon.
▪️Recent News – The justice delivery system is best in Maharashtra and worst in Uttar Pradesh, according to a report released by Tata Trusts.
👉PM Modi released the financial assistance of around Rs. 2,691 crores to over 6 lakh beneficiaries in Uttar Pradesh under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin.