“Leaders, Politicians, Citizens: Fifty Figures Who Influenced India’s Politics” authored by author-journalist Rasheed Kidwai compiles stories of 50 personalities who influenced India’s political landscape. The book is published by Hachette India. The foreword of the book is written by Shashi Tharoor, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha). The 50 personalities featured in the book include Teji Bachchan, Phoolan Devi, Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, Jayalalithaa, APJ Abdul Kalam, and Karunanidhi among others.
· Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has released a book titled ‘INDO-PAK WAR 1971- Reminiscences of Air Warriors’ at the 37th Air Chief Marshal PC Lal Memorial Lecture organised by the Air Force Association in New Delhi, Delhi. The book was edited by Air Marshal Jagjeet Singh and Group Captain Shailendra Mohan. The book features 50 Swarnim articles written by veterans narrating their experiences in detail.
· Vice President (VP) of India, M Venkaiah Naidu, released a book titled “The Struggle for Police Reforms in India: Ruler’s Police to People’s Police” authored by a former IPS officer, Prakash Singh in New Delhi. The book is published by Rupa Publications India Pvt Ltd.
· Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has released the book “Modi@20 Dreams Meet Delivery” in New Delhi. The book presents different facets of the distinct thought process, the pioneering, pro-active approach and the quintessential, transformational leadership style that Narendrabhai Modi has come to be so closely identified with.
· Bestselling author Preeti Shenoy is set to publish a new novel titled “A Place Called Home”, a story set in a coffee estate in Sakleshpur, Karnataka with a strong female protagonist at its core. The new novel is about secrets, family, and finding yourself. The book published by HarperCollins Publishers India is set to be released in June 2022.
· Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State(MoS), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions released the e-book ‘Civil List – 2022 of IAS officers’ at North Block, Secretariat Building, New Delhi. This is an effort by the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) as a part of the Digital India initiative of the Government of India.
· A new book titled “Listen to Your Heart: The London Adventure” authored by Ruskin Bond, was published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI) on Ruskin Bond’s 88th birthday (19th May 2022). Ruskin Bond, India’s famous Children’s book author, was born in Kasauli (Himachal Pradesh) and grew up in Jamnagar (Gujarat), Dehradun (Uttarakhand), New Delhi and Shimla (Himachal Pradesh).
· Former RBI governor Bimal Jalan writes a new book titled ‘The India Story’. The book focuses on India’s economic history and aims to provide lessons for the future of India’s political economy. He traces India’s economic policies from 1991 to 2019 to offer insights on learning from the past, before moving ‘Beyond the Metrics of Economy’ to talk about the role of governance in implementing these policies. He also authored the books ‘India Then and Now’, ‘India Ahead’.